Now let’s start with ‘the right questions’.
Some of my favourite coaching questions for stuck states are here for you to explore. Take some time to read into them and let your journey to begin. Make sure you write down your answers so that you can see your progress at the end of the course.
In the context of your current situation or stuck state:
- What would be your ideal outcome?
- How did you make things work for you before?
- What specifically have you done so far? What worked and what didn’t?
- What do you have already (eg. skills and resources) that could move you forwards?
- What do you need to do before you do anything else?
- If you were at your best, what would you do right now?
- If you had a choice what would you do?
- What if you had as much time as you needed?
- What if money were not an issue?
- Imagine you’re fully confident in your abilities, what could you do?
- What other angles and options have you not thought of yet?
- What is an impossible option?
- What is the decision you have been avoiding?
- If you (secretly) knew the answer to getting unstuck, what would that be?
- What options you didn’t explore?
- What will change in your life when you will achieve your goal?
- Imagine for a second that you have achieved your goal. How did you get there?
- Imagine for a second that you have achieved your goal. Who are you with?
- Having achieved your goal, what advice would you give to self in the now?
- How does it serve you to stay where you are now?
- What are you willing to give up in order to resolve this problem?
- What are you willing to stop doing in order to have what you want?
- What haven’t you admitted out loud yet?
- And is there anything else?
- What will change in your life if you overcome this stuck state now?
- What would you do if you tried to self sabotage yourself?